Cruiser Mk IV (A13 Mk II)
Date Added: Sunday, 11th April, 2004
Availability: In Stock
The Cruiser Mk IV was essentially an uparmoured version of the Mk III and went into production in 1939. Additional armour on the nose, glacis and turret front as well as spaced armour plating on the turret sides and rear increased the weight by over 1200 lb. However, because of the high power-to-weight ratio of the basic design, there was no loss of performance.
Cruiser Tanks Mk IV had an armour basis of 6-30mm and were armed with a 2pdr. and a co-axial Vickers .303mg. They had a crew of 4 and a top speed governed to 30 m.p.h. Cruisers Mk IV served with the 1st Armoured Division in France in 1940 and with 7th Armoured Division in the Western Desert in 1940/41
Other products with one or more tags matching the Cruiser Mk IV (A13 Mk II).