The M5 series of vehicles were built by the International Harvester Corporation (IHC) of homogenous steel armour which could be both welded and formed; the latter resulting in the obvious identification feature - smooth rounded rear corners. At the front of the vehicle, flat section mudguards replaced the curved truck-type of the M3 series.
The first M5 was delivered in December 1942 and production continued until September 1943 for a total of 4625 vehicles. The halftracks built by IHC were intended for foreign aid and most were supplied to Britain and the Soviet Union under the Lend Lease programme.
Other products with one or more tags matching the M5 halftrack APC.