Crossley 4x4 Tractor Unit.
Date Added: Sunday, 24th January, 2016
Availability: In Stock
The short wheel-base 4x4 tractor unit entered service in1943 and some 2700 had been built when production ceased in 1945. They were built as a tractor unit for semi-trailers, including the famous "Queen Mary". A hollow steel ballast-body could be bolted to the chassis behind the cab. Various types and quantities of ballast could be added via hinged side panels to help give the unit traction when towing a loaded trailer.
The majority were supplied to the R.A.F. and some continued in service into the mid 1950s.
Other products with one or more tags matching the Crossley 4x4 Tractor Unit..