Pz Beob Wg III Artillery Command Tank
Date Added: Saturday, 10th June, 2006
Availability: In Stock
With the development of self-propelled, fully tracked artillery, came the need for fully tracked armoured observation vehicles. The Germans decided to utilise some of their older Panzer IIIs and between February 1942 and April 1944, some 262 Panzer IIIs of various marks were converted to the role.
They were fitted with additional radios, with a large star antenna mounted on the rear engine deck. The only armament was a single machine gun mounted centrally in a thickened mantlet, alongside a dummy gun.
Pz Beob Wg were issued to Hummel and Wespe units on the basis of two per battery and remained in service until the end of the war.
Other products with one or more tags matching the Pz Beob Wg III Artillery Command Tank.